Find out how to lose weight if you’re not active and without exercise. Losing inches without exercise is entirely possible as you make little changes to your diet and lifestyle that pay off in a few days, weeks and for life. Check out successful weight loss stories without exercise. If you have any specific numbers in mind, it’s also possible. For example how to lose 3kg in a month without exercise? Let’s get into the details.
A Summary of Top Tips to Lose Weight Without Exercise
If you’re in a hurry, here a quick summary of the top tips on how to lose weight without going to the gym or exercising at home:
- Get a adequate sleep (at least 7 hrs everyday).
- Reduce carb intake or try the keto diet.
- Eat more whole, unprocessed foods.
- Know that fad diets don’t work for the long term – avoid it.
- Eat a variety of protein from different sources.
- Drink lots of water.
- Try meal prepping to encourage you to eat healthy food at home.
- Get into Yoga for weight loss.
- Eat the right kind of fat – avoid saturated fats.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your foods.
- Take breaks during the day when you’re stressed out. Walk it off.
- Try food combinations such as healthy smoothies.
- Cut out sugar. It makes you wrinkle faster and feel more hungrier.
- Do Not Give Up. Remember your ‘Why’ for losing weight.
Below you would find the top 10 ways of losing weight without exercise.
How Women Lose Weight Without Exercise
Some of the most practical ways women have followed to lose pounds without exercise has been from getting adequate sleep to cutting down carbs from their diets and also finding out if there is any medical condition that is sabotaging their progress. Low-carb diets such as the ketogenic diet supports low carb no exercise weight loss routines.
“In all the discussions of the obesity epidemic, people have become too focused on exercise,” says Lara R. Dugas, Ph.D., an assistant professor at the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine and author of a separate study that had similar findings. “Physical activity won’t protect you from the impact that a high-fat, high-sugar diet has on weight,” she says.
Now, no one is saying you shouldn’t exercise, simply that if you’re looking to drop some pounds, you don’t absolutely have to devote tons of time and effort to exercise. “To the question of should you exercise, the answer is 150 percent yes, that’s not even up for debate,” Dugas says. “Exercise can promote a long and a good life. The message here is that if you’re exercising only to lose weight, you may be disappointed.”
Read More: How to Lose Weight Without Exercise | Women’s Health
- Get adequate sleep (at least 7 hours daily).
- If you have a medical condition that you suspect is contributing to weight gain, talk to your doctor and find possible solution
- Get on the keto diet, it’s popular for a reason. Or simply cut out carbs if you can.
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods as much as you can.
- Do calorie tracking using some of the most popular weight loss apps.
Easy Ways to Lose 10 Pounds Without Exercise
Healthy eating as a result of changing the way you see foods is a great way to naturally lose weight and stay in shape. Quick-fix diets have never been sustainable on the long term. It may help you lose some pounds with some effort but you will be denying yourself a natural way of living and putting so much pressure on your body.
“Weight loss never lasts — scientific research has proven this time and time again,” Christy Harrison, a Brooklyn-based dietitian, says. “It actually leads to weight cycling, or yo-yo-ing, which research suggests may be the true cause of many of the health problems we associate with being overweight, like diabetes and heart issues.”
Trendy meal plans may sound like the magical answer to get into your skinny jeans — swallow a pill, swig some juice, eat some kale. Unfortunately, it isn’t that simple.
Read More: Easy Ways to Lose 10 Pounds Without Exercise
- Forget About Fad Diets. Results are short-lived and are not sustainable
- Embrace a Lifestyle of No-Diet. The moment you say you’re dieting, it puts your brain in a position where you feel you’re losing out. It puts stress on you, leading to more stress hormone cortisol being released into your blood stream.
- Eat as much healthy protein from a variety of sources (meat, plants, diary and nuts). It takes more time for protein to be digested that it takes for carbs.
- Take In As Much Water As You Can. We’re not talking about green juice here. Just natural spring water. Sip as much of it as possible. But don’t force. Whenever you feel hungry, try drinking some water first.
- Re-evaluate What Exercise Means to You. When I was putting this article together, I always had in mind people who cannot do any sort of physical activity, perhaps due to a medical condition. Getting active is good for your overall health and well-being. One way of staying active is dancing. If you’re physically able, do a physical activity that you would enjoy, such as dancing.
- Don’t Just Eat Any Fats. You need to eat the right kind of fat. Avoid saturated fats such fatty beef, butter and cheese, etc.
- Try Meal Prepping. For example prepping your dinner for the whole week during the weekend will ensure that you stay motivated to not grab anything for dinner because you know you have a great, tasty food waiting for you at home.
- Get Into Yoga. Yoga is a proven way for both sexes to not just tone their muscles but to reduce stress, get your heart rate up and lose some pounds.
How to Get a Flat Stomach Fast – Lose Weight Without Exercise
I’m quite sure you have seen ads around online that tells you eat a particular food that will help you lose a few pounds from certain ‘spots’ of your body, right, for example your belly area? I have always wondered how that actually would work. Truth be told, I’m quite skeptical of these ‘magic’ foods. Consider the following tips that will help you lose weight without exercise and diet.
- Go to bed as early as you can – helps you miss out on late night snacking and gives you maximum amount of sleep.
- Don’t skip meals
- Work on sitting you up straight
- Sip more water
- Eat more of water fresh foods such as fruits and vegetables
- Snack on nuts
- Respond happily when nature calls. Don’t postpone pooping so you can avoid constipation
- Add milk to your breakfast
- Eat more slowly and enjoy your food
- Take a break when you’re stressed and walk it off
A few small changes really can slim your midsection, but not because foods can “burn” belly fat. “I hate to bust the bubble on this one, but flat belly foods aren’t exactly a thing — especially when it comes to the idea that you can ‘spot train’ certain areas of your body through the foods you eat,” says Jaclyn London, M.S., R.D., C.D.N, Nutrition Director at the Good Housekeeping Institute.
That said, some easy tweaks can reduce bloating and set you up for healthier habits both now and in the long term, without resorting to crazy (and dangerous) dieting techniques.
“Consider adding sources of potassium, calcium, and magnesium to your diet, and cutting back on sneaky sources of sodium,” London says. “The easiest place to start: Make your daily snacks veggie- and fruit-based, like an apple with nut butter; crudites with hummus and tzatziki, berries with yogurt, or swap a sweet potato or leftover roasted squash for bread in a sandwich. This naturally ups the mineral content and provides extra fiber for fewer grams of sodium overall.”
Read More: How to Get a Flat Stomach Fast – Lose Weight Without Exercise or …
How to Lose Weight Without Exercise – These Weird Food Combos Will Surprise You
I like smoothies for one thing, they help you combine foods that have been proven to help you lose weight without exercise or dieting. Some great smoothies recipes can be found here on our recipes section. These food combinations have been scientifically proven to help you lose inches without exercise:
- Apples and Watermelon
- Pistachios and Almonds
- Bananas and Spinach
- Oatmeal and Berries
- Cayenne and Chicken
- Yogurt and Cinnamon
- Eggs and Black Pepper
- Beans and Corns
Are you changing your diet frequently to get a perfect summer body? We all know that some foods help in weight loss while certain foods are fattening. But some food when paired together with other foods work magically in helping us lose weight. Although these food combinations might look weird to you, but believe us these have a scientific reason behind it. Here is a list of weirdest food combinations that you should try that speed up the weight loss process and show you quick results. So, here we go.
Read More: How to lose weight without exercise | These 10 weird food …
The Easy Way Out to Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise
There are many weight loss stories without exercise that you will hear about. Underpinning a lot of these stories is something you hardly hear of: motivation, and let me add —- inspiration. A lot of people do not talk about this but you need it. You can find more information in our motivation section. It could be all you need to nudge off the cliff to help you get going.
Some of the most common weight loss motivation for trying to lose weight without exercise are listed below?
- Your health
- Looking great
- Being more attractive to potential partners
- Feeling great physically and mentally
What’s your motivation that keeps you going in those flat days?
In one month, I lost a little over 8 Kgs (~20 Pounds) without exercising. Three months later I was down 10 Kgs and clearing my mental barrier of the 70 Kg for the first time in a decade.
All it took was the right motivation, a small change in diet, a body weighing scale, and a productivity hack.
If you’re looking to shed a few kilos, follow these steps in the same order. Motivation is by far and large the biggest factor of it all. Find a strong enough reason to lose weight without exercise and everything else falls into place.
Read More: How to Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise: The Easy Way Out
Can You Lose Weight Without Exercise?
Here are a few tweaks you can follow to help you lose weight without exercise and dieting.
- Eat 2-3 times a day and avoid snacking
- Drink at least ½ litre of water first thing in the morning and another 1.5 litres before lunch
- Eat fewer grains and more vegetables
- Cut out sugar. It not only makes us fat and wrinkly, but it also makes us hungrier too.
- Get slimmer while you sleep – aim for eight hours a night as we actually burn more fat when we’re sleeping.
When it comes to losing weight it seems to be all about diet and exercise. It’s obvious that exercise is key to any weight loss regimes as it helps you burn calories and more calories burned means a greater weight loss. But what if you hate exercise?
According to nutritional therapist Petronella Ravenshear: “Contrary to the popular notion that we need to exercise to lose weight it’s simply not true.”
Plenty of studies have backed up Ravenshear’s opinion. Last year, a study published in Current Biology found that while exercise is important for your overall health, it shouldn’t be the only focus for weight loss. In fact, tweaking your diet can be more beneficial to not only losing the weight, but keeping it off. Generally, weight loss is 75 per cent diet and 25 percent exercise.
Read More: Can you lose weight without exercise
How to Burn Belly Fat Without Exercising – Try These Four Food Swaps
What about food swaps for weight loss without exercise? Have you tried any yet? Keeping your food habits can be hard. If you lack self control when it comes to foods and what to eat, food swaps maybe the way to go.
Here are some examples:
- Swapping bottled/processed orange juice for an unprocessed orange fruit would save you about 106 cals.
Eating turkey bacon instead of the pork counterpart will remove 120 cals.
Check out the full story below:
HOPING to lose weight without going to the gym? These four food swaps will help you to burn belly fat – even when you don’t exercise.
Are you an exercise hater?
You’ll be pleased to know that it’s possible to slim down without hitting the gym.
As abs are made in the kitchen, losing belly fat can be as easy as tweaking your diet.
Nutrition expert Terri-Ann revealed the food swaps you should make if you want to beat bloating and look more toned.
Read More: How to burn belly fat WITHOUT exercising: Try these four food …
10 Ways to Lose Weight Without ‘Dieting’
One of the time-tested mantras of weight loss has been that you can lose weight just by eating less calories (food) than you use (burn), alongside a few, yet very simple lifestyle changes. Once you get this to become a habit, you can keep the weight off for good and not feel hungry and deprived. Some of these simple tweaks you can start using today are:
- Don’t Skip Breakfast. Lots of people, erroneously, believe that skipping breakfast helps to lose weight. Studies show that people who eat breakfast daily lose weight better and perform better in the course of the day than those who don’t.
- Set a Time to Close the Kitchen. If you set a time after which you are not ‘permitted’ to eat, it will help you in attempt to lose weight without exercise or dieting. At my home that time is 7:00pm daily. If you still feel the urge, eat a healthy fruit.
- Choose More of Whole Grains. Instead of going for the usual processed options, pick up fiber-filled options.
- Check What’s on Your Grocery List. I have found if it’s not at home or in the fridge, I don’t get to eat it. When you grocery-shop, pick healthy options. It will save you from the temptation of having to battle with that cookie.
Find out more from below:
One pound of fat — is equal to 3,500 calories. By shaving 500 calories a day through dietary and exercise modifications, you can lose about a pound a week. If you only need to maintain your current weight, shaving 100 calories a day is enough to avoid the extra 1-2 pounds most adults gain each year.
Adopt one or more of these simple, painless strategies to help lose weight without going on a “diet”:
Read More: 10 Ways to Lose Weight Without ‘Dieting’
Conclusion on No Exercise Weight Loss
So there you have it. We have compiled the top 8 ways to lose weight without exercise. What are you thoughts and comments. Leave it in the comments section below? Please feel free to share this article with your social community to help someone who may need it.